Tuesday 10 December 2013

.Everyday Skirt.

I recently sewed myself a version of the Everyday Skirt from Liesl + Co. The skirt appealed to me because 1. it looked like a quick, yet flattering sew and 2. the elastic-backed waistband means that it will still fit me when I (eventually) lose the last few lingering baby kilos!
I was right, it was a really quick and easy skirt to sew. I did everything exactly as instructed and ended up taking about 2" off the length before I hemmed it as it was really long. The finished skirt is a great fit and comfortable for everyday wear. I love the side pockets too, it's always nice to have somewhere to stick your hands!
I chose this fabric because I wanted something that I could wear with my brown boots and that would also look good with stockings or leggings on colder days. Our Summer still hasn't properly arrived (boo hoo!) so I'm glad that I didn't choose a brighter fabric this time.
I made a size small and managed to cut it out of 140cm (1 1/2 yards) of fabric. The requirements ask for 1 3/4  yard so it's good to know you don't need quite that much. Next time I make one I'll try to remember to take 2" off the bottom of the skirt when I'm cutting out the pieces to save on fabric wastage. 

SUPPLIES:
Liesl + Co, Everyday Skirt
Denyse Schmidt, Fleamarket Fancy, Bouquet in Gray

5 comments:

Marnie said...

Looks great Toni and so do you! Hope you are getting more sleep

rachelmp said...

Such a cute skirt Toni!

Jane from Lil Pip said...

Looks like a lovely skirt - you are so gorgeous!

Kelly said...

It's gorgeous Toni - and you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I love it, I'm busy trying to sew it at the moment & it seems HUGE. Did you add the side panels??

Related Posts with Thumbnails