Friday 26 April 2013

.Uptown Girl in laminated cotton.

I've been wanting to try an Uptown Girl jacket in laminated cotton for awhile now. Actually, I bought this fabric about a year ago for that exact purpose but I guess it's taken a decline in weather temperature for me to cut into it!
It's been about 2 years since I last made Lil an Uptown Girl. These jackets keep fitting and fitting...and this one is super roomy on her so will fit for at least 2 years! Lil is on the small size for her age and doesn't turn 6 until August. I made this jacket in a size 6 though, I like the extra length - particuarly because it is a raincoat, and I wanted to be sure that it will fit her for awhile because laminated cotton is pretty pricey.
I didn't want the jacket to be too bulky, so left out any pellon or wadding from the inside of the two layers. Instead, I lined the laminated cotton with flannelette from Fabric2Go to give it some warmth though. Because the laminated cotton blocks out the wind, and the flannel is nice and cosy it actually ended up really warm and toasty and will be perfect for all winter chilliness and rainy weather. (Find flannel here, and discount code avaliable here at the moment.)
We were in luck last Saturday when we stumbled across free face painting at some shops for the kids. Lil is a face paint junkie - makes me want to invest in some good quality face paints and learn how to do it myself!
I can't go without some pics of Tommy's super cute pirate face. He was SO excited and spent the rest of the day with exclaiming "Argh...captain!" in a very grumpy voice!
We're not sure what the hand on top of his head has to do with a being a pirate, but he sticks it up there every time he is playing pirates so it must be important!
SUPPLIES:
Make It Perfect, Uptown Girl pattern
Amy Butler laminated cotton, Lark, Floral Couture
Doodlebug Design flannelette, Candy Stripe

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the Uptown Girl in a laminate cotton! I recently purchased the pattern...I'll have to give it a try as a rain coat for my girls when the weather cools down again.

Pippi creates said...

Lovely raincoat. I'm keen to make one of these for next winter (were still waering last years raincoats again this winter. Beautiful job. Was is easy using the laminated fabric?

Chelsea B. said...

I am loving this raincoat. What a great idea! I've been wanting to do something with the laminated cotton I have leftover from a project. I just might have found it! Thanks for sharing!

Get Your Crap Together

~ Kim ~ said...

Love them. Definately good weather to start making them down here. Love the pirate face.

Stacey said...

Looks great, thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Aww...super cute pics! Love that raincoat in Amy Butler. That print is my favourite from her Lark Collection. Gorgeous work Toni!

Lesley said...

Love it, and the face painting is awesome!!!! Another to add to my to do list

Chris said...

Works well...

Chris said...

Works well, thanks for sharing...

Related Posts with Thumbnails