Wednesday 25 July 2012

.Renfrew.

 
I was in Spotlight a few weeks ago and had a scrummage through the big sale table. Junk, junk, junk...and a few okayish fabrics at discount price that I picked up.  This, being one of them - it's a ponte knit and was reduced to $6 per meter.  I'm beginning to get more familiar with different types of knits - this one probably isn't best suited to a cowl-neck top because it is thick and more rigid than most knits, but it was cheap and for $12 I was happy to experiment and didn't really mind if things didn't work out. 
I'm really quite happy with the finished top though. I do have to fold and set the cowl neck into place as it doesn't really drape nicely on it's own, but it's a nice, sturdy top and washes really well.  The pattern is the Renfrew Top. I definitley could have drafted my own, as it is really a basic shape, but sometimes I just want to take the easy option and have it all laid out for me!  It was a quick and easy sew, although I did totally confuse myself with the cowl and unpicked it (ugh! I hate unpicking overlocked seams!) about 3 times before I realised I had it right the first time around!

All in all, a successful finish and I've worn the top at least half a dozen times in the last two weeks.  I can definitley see a few more of these in the near future as it incorporates two of my favourite styles - 3/4 length sleeves and cowl necks. Next time I'll try with a softer knit, perhaps some Stella in more funky colours!

3 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Looks great Toni, I would definitely wear that top. Will have to check out the pattern.

Karen said...

I have this pattern and it's been on my 'to do' list for a while now. Your looks great.

Kelly said...

It's gorgeous Toni xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails