Monday 21 May 2012

.Mother's Day Kiss & Cuddle Biscuits.

I don't care much about fancy gifts for Mother's Day.  I really, really look forward to the cute handmade gifts that my children have made me at school or church.  It is so sweet - especially when they run into their bedrooms after school to hide their special presents from me until the big day!  This year I got lovely pasta necklaces, a collage, a masterpiece on a canvas, some delicious homemade biscuits and more. 
The biscuits came with a copy of the recipe so that the kids could make them with me.  So last Monday we got cooking and made a big batch for the week.
These are really yummy.  I decided to sandwich them together with homemade raspberry jam - yum!  We left some plain with only icing and no jam too.  We wanted them bite-sized so used the little measuring cup that you get with kids panadol as the cutter.  It was the perfect size, especially for the kids.

Kiss & Cuddle Biscuits


250g butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup SR flour
2 cups plain flour

Cream the butter and icing sugar together.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
Add the flours and mix until a firm dough forms.
Roll out to 5mm thick (I like to do this between two sheets of baking paper).
Cut into shapes using cookie cutters.
Place on baking paper-lined trays and bake in 180 degree celsius oven until lightly golden.
When cool, ice with icing and sprinkles.
Sandwich together with raspberry jam, if desired.

2 comments:

thingsforboys said...

yum, yum, yum! I love plain ol' cookies. The name is just too cute!

tnicholls said...

We have just made a batch and my 4 boys are devouring them as I type... Thanks (however our icing is green they said no to pink)

Related Posts with Thumbnails