Monday 3 October 2011

.Nani IRO Lap Quilt.

I loooove double gauze fabrics...if you haven't sewn with them before, do it.  They are super soft, slightly textured and have that "look good when crushed" look about them (great for people like me who don't like to iron!)  When I saw this great project over at The Purl Bee last month, I knew that it wouldn't be long until I had a go at sewing one myself and look what I made in just 1 1/2 hours on the weekend!
This lap quilt measures about 1m x 1.5m - not very big, but just right for popping over your lap to snuggle down and watch a movie or read a book on the couch.  Also great for a quick and easy baby quilt.  It is lovely and soft and after a few washes I know that the snuggle factor will increase as the quilt softens even more.

As a quick and easy quilting method, the quilt is sewn together with small bar tacks (or short zig-zags) every 7".
I'm thinking a lap quilt for every member of the family may be in order over the next little while...this one is already in high demand!
My lovely double gauze fabrics came from Kelani fabric, and I used wool batting between each layer.

SUPPLIES:
Nani IRO double gauze, Saaaa Saaa Stripe in Red
Nai IRO double gauze, Pocho White on Soft Grey

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Your version is lovely, Purl Bee have such great projects. I have been drooling over the Nani IRO on Kelani what feels like forever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails