Tuesday 12 April 2011

.Thermomix Cooking - Chicken Kiev.

I'm trying really hard to use my Thermomix more for main meals - I'm getting pretty good at making sweets in it now but really want to work it (i.e. get my money's worth!) and make dinner in it all the time.  I'm building up a collection of tried and tested meals - if anyone reading this post has recipes to share, send them over to me!  Cookbooks are good, but I prefer cooking something with a good review behind it!  
I was hunting around for some Thermomix main meal recipes a couple of weeks ago and came across this one for chicken kiev, then as I read the blog a little more I realised that I kind of knew the woman from my playgroup!  Small world, huh?!  I pretty much followed the recipe given, my version is below.  The kievs are SO easy and delicious...most of mine leaked during cooking time, but were still yummy and well received by the whole family, which is always a bonus!
Chicken Kiev
For Kievs:
50g parmesan cheese
500g chicken breast (cut into medium sized pieces)
1 egg
20g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt

For Garlic Butter:
small handful of fresh parsley
3-4 cloves of garlic
80g butter

Coating:
1 egg, beaten
Breadcrumbs
Olive oil

Grate parmesan for 10 seconds on speed 9.  Set aside.

Turn TM onto speed 7.  Drop parsley and garlic through hole in lid.  Scrape down bowl.
Add butter and combine at speed 5 for 30 seconds.
Scrape garlic butter from bowl and divide into 6 portions.  Set aside.

Place chicken into TM bowl and mince for 30 seconds on speed 4.
Add parmesan, egg, flour and salt.  Mix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
Divide chicken mixture into 12 portions.  Flatten out each into a small disc.

Place a portion of garlic butter into the middle of 6 of the chicken discs.  Place another chicken disc on top of each and sandwich butter in the middle, making 6 kievs.  Squeeze edges closed so that the butter (hopefully) won't leak out during baking.  (I made mine into more of an oval shape so they resembled a regular kiev).

Dip kievs into beaten egg and then roll in breadcrumbs to coat.  
Place kievs onto a tray lined with oil-brushed baking paper. 
Spray top of kievs with oil.
Cook in 180 degree Celsius oven for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Toni, are you loving the Thermomix ??? I am just about to order one ! right decision ?

emjay1000 said...

Looks delish! I have never done it by mincing the chicken before, sounds interesting. I sooooo want a Thermomix!!

Kim said...

Thanks Toni, I have just added this to my favourites to try tomorrow night, sounds delicious :)

My children love this one from the forum, http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=813.0

Little Munchkins said...

I love chicken kiev. I ate lots of it when I was a student in England.

I have heard great things about Thermomix but I don't know if I will use it enough to justify spending almost $2k on it. I

Unknown said...

Yummo!!! Made these tonight. Thanks for sharing :-)

Ellen said...

I made these tonight with cream cheese instead of butter, much healthier and just as nice. It is very tasty and as I am on my own will have several in the freezer for later. I will certainly make them again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails