Tuesday 6 April 2010

.Gone for 2 years.

What a weekend!!! Easter festivities, a new baby in the family (but I'll let her tell you all about that!) and the baby of my family leaving for two years to serve a mission for our church! (You know, the one I made Oishii for).

Missions are happy/sad times. Happy because the missionaries learn and grow SOOO much and I know that there isn't a better, more worthwhile thing that they could be doing in their lives right now than this but sad because it means that we won't see them for two whole years! Tommy will be a little older than Lil is now when Cade returns!!!

He is going to the Japan Fukuoka Mission, but first stop...Provo, Utah to the Missionary Training Centre for 3 months. This weekend were spent enjoying last moments together with Cade before he left on Monday morning.


My brother in law, Chris, requested that I make him a "man bag" for Christmas a few years ago. It had to be out of linen and just the right size to fit his scriptures and other bits and pieces he liked to take to church in it. I seriously thought it was a bit daggy to start with, but the trend has obviously caught on with Ty and Cade and our friend Paul requesting them! Ty and Cade got theirs for Christmas last year and I made Paul's last week...his is black and looks pretty swish. (And also camouflages into his suit in this photo!) Boys in suits with man-bags...cracks me up!



We had to leave for the airport at 5:30am on Monday morning. That is just wrong. But good because everyone is too tired to cry and get all emotional!!! Actually Cade was so ready to go that I don't think that we could have been all soppy about the whole departure. He was glowing and was just excited to be off.


I think I have a giraffe neck in this photo ;) and I went to bed at 8:30pm the night before so was feeling extremely chipper at the airport!


We are so proud of him and can't wait to hear about his missionary adventures in Japan. If only he could go shopping and buy me some special Japanese fabric...but unfortunately there won't be a lot of spare time and in the little that he has I think he will rather be working out than fabric shopping!

6 comments:

Nettie's Blog said...

i cant believe it ...that time has come around so fast ..he will be an awesome missionary...the haircut looks great too...
just love those man bags ...what a wizz you are!!!!
(Ill have to get the mission address.... i owe him a tie...a promise from a long time ago that i didnt fill)

The Kings said...

haha - are you doing the giraffe neck to look skinny again! :)

Hard to believe that he is gone now. He will be an awesome missionary.

Little Munchkins said...

You have to make him go to fabric shops. That's the first thing I though of - Japan=fabric shops.

I had a laugh at the giraffe neck photo, and you do look very chirpy for 5.30am!

Good luck to your brother, he is doing an amazing thing and I am sure he will be missed.

Chelsea Parsons said...

Wow, he looks different with his Hair all short hey! I wanna know what you have in that huge bag at 5.30 in the morning! Can I have your cardie, I love it!!!!! Go Cade!

Simone Triffitt said...

Ha ha has your Dad requested a man bag too? I could never imagine cade with short hair - it looks great. Congrats on being a new Aunty too!! Can't wait to hear the birth story - isn't that all women are interested in? :)

The Jacks said...

Bye Cade!!! He looks so good with all his hair chopped off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails